Do you enjoy a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment and working in a dynamic startup environment? Are you interested in entrepreneurship, online business, and marketing or sales? Do have solid writing and communication skills? Do you want to utilize your experience and skills in the development and growth of a startup company, while gaining real world experience and knowledge to build your resume? An internship with Boomer Knowledge might be the right fit for you!
Internships- 5 positions available (Intern- Content Creation) (Marketing Intern- Social Media) (Intern- SEO (Search Engine Optimization)) (Marketing Intern- Affiliates) (Intern- Sales and advertising)
Fall 2018 & Spring 2019- averaging a couple hours per week
|What is Boomer Knowledge? We are a content and education creation company with the mission of collecting, consolidating and documenting baby boomer’s knowledge as they retire from the workforce, and turning that knowledge into consumable content for the next generation of leaders.
Why are we doing this? To ensure that this hard-won experience and knowledge are passed on to the next generation of leaders via multiple mediums, and to prepare new leaders better than any classroom can for the challenges of the business world. We collect and deliver knowledge from a variety of industries and perspectives through blogs, social media presence, webinars, facilitated conversations, podcasts, courses, and other forms of content on our website.
Multiple positions are available for an extended internship for the 2018/2019 school year. These positions are the perfect opportunity to gain real world experience in a dynamic flexible setting with Boomer Knowledge. You can work from the comfort of your home or the on-campus library. The location will be wherever you want it to be. The hours will be when you have time to work, which makes this the ideal opportunity for current college students looking to gain real world experience without a massive commitment pulling your main focus away from your studies.
|Responsibilities: In this extended internship role, you will have the opportunity to see a startup online business function at work. What will you complete for Boomer Knowledge?
· Help to create and publish content about assigned topics you find interesting- whether it be infographics, blog posts, scheduling podcast interviews and defining question cues, or making social media posts and landing pages, you will get a variety of experiences.
· Work in many different capacities, depending on your weekly assignment, to gain real world experience in different business areas, and wear multiple hats to see what you enjoy.
· Be part of the pilot test group with free access to course materials and content for topics like negotiation, supplier management, influence and persuasion, managing yourself, finding your direction, providing value, managing communications (email, phone calls, meetings), setting goals, and running effective meetings. You will have the opportunity to provide feedback, create feedback loops, and help shape the courses into more value-added forums.
· Consult by analyzing needs and providing advice and guidance on the most effective strategies and methods to accomplish goals
· Work on various other projects as determined by needs, with the autonomy of doing them on your own time, but with the guidance and coaching of a leader
As a valued member of the intern team at Boomer Knowledge, we have a focus on your personal and professional development. During your experience, you will interact with work directly with the founder and CEO, and have the opportunity to compete for one of (2) $500 scholarships at the end of your first semester!
What else is in it for you? You will receive the following:
Check out the requested qualifications below to make sure your resume reflects all of the things we are looking for.
|Boomer Knowledge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic partner status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is intended to teach and provide guidance to participants in the program. These positions are not eligible for sponsorship for work authorization, therefore, if you will require sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, we cannot consider your application at this time. Due to the fact student visas (J1, F1, etc…) are time-limited, we regret we cannot consider
candidates on student visas.
|This position is from November 2018 through May 2019. Following the May timeframe, there is a potential for an extension to the position assignments through December 2019 depending on business needs at the time. Required availability for 1 hour on Sunday afternoons, and 30 minutes on Wednesday evenings for weekly meetings is required ( days may be flexible and may change). If this position is of interest to you, please submit a resume and cover letter explaining what you can bring to the team by September 15th to Tim Hoover at TimH@BoomerKnowledge.com|